Enjoy Life after Retirement in an Independent Living Community
Independent Living and Its Benefits
For most of us, as we grow older and head into retirement, leaving our house is the last thought on our minds. But for some, who have difficulty managing their lives, homes or health, moving to an independent living senior community or assisted living in Conroe TX is the best option. For those who are unable to manage some daily activities like bathing, eating, going to the facilities and medications, communities for assisted living in Montgomery County are available. In fact, the life at the new home might be even better than life living alone. Here are some reasons why Independent living communities are preferable to staying on your own.
- Social connections and entertainment
- No home maintenance and repair
- Safety and proper nutrition
- Commercial services and amenities
- Assistance in case required
- All inclusive rent
Different Types of Independent Living Facilities Available in Conroe
There are various types of independent living communities offering their services to seniors. These facilities range from cottages to apartments and from costs to services provided.
- Subsidized or Low income housing are offered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) at subsidized rates for seniors living in Conroe TX with low income.
- Senior Apartments, which are also known as congregate care housing, are restricted by age for seniors living in Conroe who are 55 years and above. Services also include transportation, meals which are served in a common dining room and recreational programs.
- Retirement Homes or Retirement Communities are groups of housing units such as mobile homes, townhouses, duplexes, condominiums or single-family homes. They can either be rented or can be bought in which case additional monthly fees would be required for outside maintenance, clubhouses or recreation centers.
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC) is for those who are presently in good health but are anticipating health problems in the years to come. These facilities offer care ranging from independent living to assisted living in Conroe and also nursing home facilities in the same community.
Woodhaven Village senior living community, a home away from home, offers facilities for:
- Independent living where we provide our residents services as varied as a salon, spa, fitness center, optional weekly housekeeping and first-class dining, as well as
- Assisted living where our trained staff and full-time licensed nurses take personal care of each resident.
Continue and enjoy your life to the brim at our community with its fitness room, business center, private movie theater and many more luxuries.